Contemplate with Connor

Contemplate w/Connor

Where Connor Contemplates Your Questions

-January 13, 2017-

Dear Connor,

I’ve been having trouble with my grades. I don’t care about school because the only thing I care about is being a famous Youtuber. I have a channel named XxIcesnowmanxX and it has almost seventeen subscribers. Is this enough subscribers to quit eighth grade and focus on my Youtube career.

P.S. I make Minecraft parody videos and personal vlogs and please subscribe.

Sincerely,

Soon to be famous

Dear Soon to be famous,

That was pretty rough to read. Seriously, once you’re like two years older, you’re going to regret everything you just said and did. Honestly, that paragraph made me cringe into oblivion.

I’m going to have to advise you to stay in school, but more importantly, dump your channel. Youtube feeds of bottom feeders like you. You making your cringy videos is only fueling the corporate machine that is Youtube. Youtube already has it’s “stars” and no one is ever going to live up to their fame, including you. However, school can teach you things that youtube can’t. Take a writing class and if you’re still interested in getting into the music industry, I would suggest taking English classes and Creative Writing in high school. High school sounds bad, I know, but give it a try before you go to Youtube. Most Youtubers became famous after they attended college, so do that before you do Youtube. You’ll probably grow out of it.

Your Friend,

Connor S. Grenier